Monday, December 5, 2011

I Spent a Week on a TreadMill Last Night

My new year resolution is to blog more in 2012 than I did in 2011. That won't take much since I only posted like 2 blogs all 2011 so far. Life just has a way of getting in the way. I have turned 55 since my last post and after last nights 16 miles on a treadmill, I feel 65! I don't know how you treadmill lovers do it and any suggestions are welcome. I don not have access to the virtual equipment that Gary uses in Tejas, after all this is Nebraska.

My jaunt started at near 5pm and with 6 inches of new snow on the ground I was forced inside. Unfortunately coach Jill says 50 + miles this week and it looks like a bunch of those will be on the dreadmill as well. I ran for 90 minutes, in the same place of course. No virtual caves, mountains or gorges, just the ugly guy in front of me, which of course was me. I took a quick pause for a restroom break and water bottle refill and then hopped back on ole Trigger for 54 more minutes and the last 6 miles of the journey to hell and back. I set the pace at 8:57 and waited for the number 16 to light up.
A drive across Nebraska is more entertaining than 16 miles on the TM!

What can I look forward to, -2 degrees tonight, 19 for the high tomorrow and a 10 miler on the tm. I do hope we get enough sun to clear the roadways of ice or it will be an 18 miler on the mill next Sunday. With posts like this I can imagine by now your are all saying, darn, I wish this guy would have made this resolution in 2010.

I had the good ole annual physical today. The ticker is good, hopefully the blood work is good. While I was in the medical tent in New York the Doctor was concerned with my Blood Sugar levels being high at 212, but my doctor here thinks it was stress related as my last AC1 test was dead on. I hope she is right, I do have a family history of diabetes though. Time will tell. As for the prostrate check, she said it felt good, I told here I disagreed, it didn't feel so good to me!

I hope all of you are ready for the Holidays! Happy Holidays everyone and take some time this holiday season to spend time with family and friends and reflect on the good things in your life.

Until next time, run on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment